Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Life change...boom, I'm a father!

Well, almost two years have passed since my first (and only) blog post on here. Sorry!

So, another major life event is triggering me to post again. Again, we'll see if I can keep anything up more. 

Moving to the UK has been quite the experience - both positive and negative - and certainly not the experience I had anticipated. There's been some amazing growth in my marriage (not to mention the birth of little Greta Jane) but not the professional growth I was seeking. With only 6 months left, I hope we can travel a bit more (continue the personal growth), and I can finish on a positive note with momentum as we move back to the states. 

There are a few things I will leave this experience with for certain...I'm really proud of myself for accomplishing one of my life goals and have no regrets about moving over here. I will also have a greater appreciation for living in not-so-expensive cities and the sacrifices that my lovely wife is willing to make for me. 

I'm a changed person and I'm sure will continue to learn from the experience for years to come. Lastly, I hope to keep up some of the friendships we've made here. Something I haven't been great about with past moves, but isn't hard to fix. 

No comments:

Post a Comment